A variant is a type of content created in order to replace an existing selector’s content in the page, and can be used for personalization and targeting. You can create as many variants and connect them to any number of selectors and twik will alternate and decide automatically and in real time about the best variant to be presented to meet the page’s goals.
There are 8 types of variants :
- Text – a text variant allows you to insert alternative content to anywhere in the selector. Examples for a possible text variants –
- Menu and submenu
- CTA (Call-to-Action) buttons
- Anchor text of a link
- Image – an image variant allows you to customize visuals and creatives so that twik can decide later which variant visitors seem to meet page goals. You can either add a new creative to a page or change an existing creative. Creatives can be –
- Hero images (above-the-fold)
- Blog creatives
- Products visuals
- Any other creatives that you want to insert to your page or modify anywhere
- URL – a URL variant allows you to change the traffic destination and test the best funnel for your users by changing the targeted URL. twik will follow on the best URL variant in order to meet website goals.
- HTML – an HTML variant allows you to try out a new markup on your page that will not modify the source code of your page permanently. You can test the effects of new page layouts and properties on your conversion rates either existing ones or new ones.
- Dynamic – a dynamic variant allows you to take one live piece of content from anywhere on the web (either from your website or from any given website) and embed it at any page on your website. Twik crawls the source webpage and looks for changes. When a change is detected, twik will modify your webpage with the same modified content up to 3 times a day. Read more about Dynamic variants.
- CSS variant – with a CSS (cascading style sheet) variant you can add or modify any type of style to any given selector so it presents a new style to be personalized. You can change colors, fonts, size of text and much more.
- Style – this type of variant is deprecated and was used to change a style in-line in any given text.
The Variants view is composed of a graph and a table which both reflect your website’s BI for the selected time-frame, similar to other analytics services.